07 January 2010

Ear Tubes

Lillian full of smiles less than two hours after getting ear tubes!

This morning Lillian went in for her ear tubes. She has struggled since last winter with ear infections that would not respond to medicine and the ENT recommended the tubes.

It was "daddy day" for Lillian. She got him all to herself as he took her in first thing this morning. As mommy I was miserable! I wanted to be there with her, for her and as selfish as it is, I wanted to be there for me to see her through the start and finish. But, I am learning I have to let go once in a while. I know Chad is amazing, Lillian loves him and needs him just as much as me. So "daddy day" it was.

Chad and Lillian were at the Children's Hospital by 0700. The two of them played and walked around. I guess the rest of the kiddos in the waiting area were freaking out, screaming and raising a raucous, but Lillian just smiled and played! What an amazing little girl.

They came and got Lillian around 0815, she was asleep and in the OR by 0825, and at 0838 she was in recovery and by 0850 she was awake and at 0913 Chad called to let me know they were on their way HOME!

No problems, issues or attitude. Now the trick is to keep her mellow the rest of the day. We are blessed parents!

We praise God for taking care of little one, providing a surgeon who did a wonderful job and nurses who loved on our little girl.
You can see her spunky attitude in this one!

0 comments: