Our family moves A LOT! This will be our sixth move in seven years of marriage. That makes for some things to be challenging. As a young couple while dating and engaged we made it an effort to be a part of a home church and grow together and individually as Christians. We were mentored and taught in our first two years how important it was to have our feet grounded and set in His truth and His Word in order to sustain and grow a healthy relationship.
Each time we move we begin a search for a church that will feed us. But in the last two moves something has changed. It is no longer just "us" but our girls. We need a church that will encourage them to fall in love with God and to be excited about all He is about and want to read His word.
Our church here in Ohio has been a blessing. I struggled to "find" a church where we would be fed by the pastoral staff and the girls would hear and see God's love. I was striking out for several Sundays. Finally a mom at Hannah's school told me about Northwest Bible Church. I wrote down the name and looked it up on-line. It is a bigger church. Being a bigger church I was afraid that we would be lost in the mix and never feel plugged in, but I gave it a shot.
The first Sunday we attended as a family, Chad and I left in shock. A good shock. The kind where you feel as though the sermon is for you, you were fed and encouraged all at once. But the best part? The girls were excited about all they learned. They were asking to go back the following week.
It is amazing what God can do when you trust Him and make Him the focus of life but also your spouse and children's.
The last few months at our church here in Ohio have continued to be great, but the last few sermon series have hit home. I wanted to share the link for any of you that want to do a podcast of some powerful sermons to listen to while working out, walking, down time, in the car... whatever, you can be blessed. Each week's sermon is posted by Wednesday morning.
http://www.nwbible.org/resources
As we transition to "finding" a new church, we know God has the right place for our family. Until then, I can listen to our church in Ohio. God is a great God and His love is abundant.
10 years ago

1 comments:
I'm glad you were able to find a church that was such a great fit and I will pray that you will find a new one quickly after your move.
Post a Comment