23 July 2010

I Screamed!

Ever have one of those mornings where it is just tough to get out of bed? Once you are out you drag yourself around in a stooper and try and get going until your coffee can be made and you get your morning hugs? That was my morning. It is Friday. Our last day before we pack our house. The last day to enjoy the quiet morning with my things that make me feel at home around me (for a little while at least).

The girls were being wonderful. They had turned on PBS and were watching an educational cartoon (if there is such a thing!) without being told what to do. I headed to the kitchen with one thing on my mind... COFFEE. I needed to get the coffee started before anything else. Just as I was about to set foot on the kitchen floor I hear a "squeak" and a clatter. Under my foot that was an inch from touching down was a mouse... stuck in our trap... moving around... still alive... still squeaking... trying to get out... flipping and flopping. All I could do was SCREAM! I ran to the stairs and all that came out was, "CHAD! CHAD! CHAD! CHAD! CHAD! CHAD! CHAD!!!"

He had been in the shower and came tearing down the stairs freaked out something was wrong with the girls or me. Nope, just a mouse! :o)

The entire time he was upstairs getting ready for work (maybe 5 minutes, but it felt like an eternity!) the mouse continued to flip, flop, squeak, and claw at the trap. Finally Chad came down and got the mouse in a Target bag, still with its nose stuck in the trap. He then had the nerve to ask if he could freeze it in MY FREEZER with OUR FOOD to kill it faster. NOPE, NO, NO HOW, NO WAY! I told him it could die a slow death squeaking and squawking for all its friends to hear so they know not to come to our house AGAIN!

The mouse is gone, a new trap is set and I am still shaking. I hate mice. And NO, hate is not too strong of a word here.

The coffee is done and I am off to get another cup. Maybe that will help me calm my nerves, enjoy my last day before the chaos of moving starts tomorrow.

1 comments:

Mike and Mindy Roth said...

That would freak me out too. And put it in the freezer? Has that boy lost his mind?????