21 January 2009

Rude Awakening

What a morning!
At 0432 our home alarm sounded! I jumped out of bed so fast and yelled to Chad that someone was in the house!!! I was BEYOND freaked out. I turned the alarm off so that it would not wake or scare our girls. Chad took the mag light and went on a mission to beat down the intruder. (That's my man!) I stood at the top of the stairs with my phone ready to call 911. Chad searched EVERY closet, nook, cranny and alcove of the house and NO ONE was there. He figured out that the garage door was not locked and the wind had blown it open causing the alarm to sound.
The girls slept through it all. I was shocked that the alarm and Chad banging around the house didn't even stir the girls. YIKES!
Sleep was non existent from that point on. UGH! Thankfully we have our system and know it works, I just have to remember to check the garage door an extra time. There are too many little hands that can work doors and locks.

0 comments: