25 August 2009

Still has time for love

Miss Madison is in Kindergarten.
The girls and I took her to the bus stop this afternoon. We walked so I would not be tempted to follow the bus. I knew Madison would be fine. She was talking all morning about getting to ride the BIG YELLOW BUS and reciting the rules.
I am so proud of our oldest girl. She wants to be the big girl and be brave, and that she is! She got on that bus with pride, confidence and determination. Of course as the bus was driving away I look up and see her against the window waving to me with "I love you" in sign. No fright or tears in her eyes, just a confident smile and a simple love for mommy and sisters. Then and only then did I start to realize what was happening. My baby is off to school alone to brave the world of opportunity and learning and I can no longer be there right behind her.
Time to grab my box of tissue again.

0 comments: